Naturopathic Medicine Edmonton
Naturopathic Medicine brings the science and art of medicine together to create “wholistic” health. It addresses the body, the mind, and the spirit, which, when in perfect synergy, creates perfect health. Rather than focusing in on one symptom, it looks at the whole person because every system in the body is connected and works together. Emotions and a lack of connection to oneself can also cause physical symptoms to manifest. Naturopaths take into account the entire person, searching for the root cause of the dis-ease, and working with the person to restore complete health.
Naturopathic medicine takes a holistic approach to health care. It is based on the fact that every system in our body is connected and interdependent. Only by addressing the body, the mind, and the spirit as a whole can we find the root cause of diseases.
At Naturopathie in Edmonton, our team of naturopathic doctors are highly qualified healthcare providers dedicated to providing you with the quality healthcare you deserve. We integrate diet, lifestyle changes, and appropriate treatments to fully support your body’s health and natural healing abilities.
Our treatments include:
- Herbal medicine: Plants are the Earth’s natural source of medicine. When used correctly, they can provide a plethora of benefits with little to no side effects. They can also be used alongside conventional Western treatments to alleviate their adverse effects and boost their effectiveness.
- Homeopathy: This system of medical philosophy is based on the idea that “like cures like.” Homeopathic medicines involve small doses of natural substances to trigger the body’s innate self-healing abilities.
- Diet changes: It’s no secret that we are what we eat. A naturopathic doctor will evaluate your current dietary patterns and make appropriate recommendations to balance your bodily systems.
- Supplements: These are usually prescribed to manage nutritional deficiencies, balance hormones and enhance digestive function.
- Counselling: Our lifestyle and environment can significantly affect our mental and physical health. Naturopathic doctors are trained in counselling and will help you better manage life’s stressors and develop a healthier lifestyle.
How Does Naturopathic Medicine Compare With Conventional Medicine?
Both are trained doctors who provide primary care. However, there are significant differences in the philosophy and therapies used between naturopathic and conventional medicine. Naturopathic doctors treat and evaluate all aspects of the patient’s health, including the physical, the mental, and the emotional. Conventional doctors generally focus on treating disease symptoms with pharmaceutical therapies, often without addressing the illness’s root cause.
Who Is Naturopathic Medicine Suitable For?
Naturopathic medicine is suitable for all types of health concerns and all ages. If you are:
- Looking to prevent disease and elevate your health
- Experiencing chronic symptoms that have not been addressed by conventional medicine
- Diagnosed with a serious illness and left with little conventional treatment options
- Looking to minimize the side effects of pharmaceutical drugs or surgery
If you’re looking for a naturopathic doctor in Beaumont or Edmonton then you’ve come to the right place. Our team of professional naturopathic doctors at Naturopathie is dedicated to helping you feel great inside and out. For more information about our naturopathic services, contact us now!