Come meet our Nurse Practitioner Constance! Constance has been a Primary Health Care Nurse Practitioner for over a decade and has worked in healthcare for over 25 years. Her career has spanned several provinces across Canada, working in multiple aspects of patient care. Her areas of focus are; Oncology and Palliative Care, Primary Care, Chronic Pain, Medical Cannabis, Addiction, and Trauma, Child and Women’s Health. At Naturopathie-Constance provides medical consultation alongside naturopathy for a unique blend of holistic patient care.
Scope of Practice
A Nurse Practitioner performs comprehensive assessments, including diagnosis, ordering of tests/interpretation, intervention (including prescribing of medications), follow-up care, and referring across the spectrum of health care services.
A Nurse Practitioner can also;
- Assess and treat pain disorders such as migraine, chronic back pain, and chronic nerve pain.
- Assess and treat chronic and acute diseases across the lifespan of people of all ages.
- Order and interpret diagnostic tests like MRI, Ultrasound, X-ray, CT scan and EKG’s
- Provide assessment and treatment for smoking cessation, substance misuse, and PrEP.
- Provide referrals to specialists as necessary.